Friday, April 4, 2014

My Woefully Neglected Blog

Yes, it's been almost three months. In my defense ... well, I have no defense. How hard is it to add a few paragraphs about what I've been up to? Unless, I haven't been up to much, and that seems to be the case here.

I had a craft show a few weeks ago. It was so-so. I did make back my table fee plus a little bit, so that was ok. But then I passed Taco Bell on the way home and I was starving, so I spent money I shouldn't have on dinner that ended up making me just a little bit sick.

I have a craft show coming up next Saturday, 4/12. Hopefully there won't be a Taco Bell between there and home after it's over. Or hopefully I'll have a little will power to resist the siren song of nachos belle grande ...

Here's something I designed for this show, which is the weekend before Easter:





I was internet surfing a little while ago, and I found something really, really similar, proving once again that there are no original ideas left in the world! Or very few.

I'll also be working on zombie bunnies (zombie pigs, zombie hearts and zombie kitty puffs, too) as something a little different for older kids' Easter gifts. I have plenty of soaps left from the last craft show, so no need to make new ones for this show, even though I have a ton of ideas for them.


Market season is coming up quickly. I'm not prepared, but I'm working on it. I'm thinking instead of driving an hour and a half each and every Saturday, I'll just do market on the first and third Saturdays of each month. And we'll see how that goes. It's too expensive with gas and tolls to go every weekend, especially when historically there are some weekends when I don't make enough to cover those expenses.

So that's what happening in my little corner of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment